We are delighted to share the following significant changes and positive developments which took place recently within the TCD Group.
EOH, a JSE-listed South African based Knowledge Management group, have been in negotiation with the TCD Group since the last quarter of 2015, sharing the strategic objective to expand in the field of healthcare. EOH consists of a diverse portfolio of specialised industries in 21 countries across four continents.
The groups came to agreement in October 2016 and the transaction was completed in February 2017. EOH Holdings is now the 100% shareholder of the TCD Group of companies. We are excited by this positive development which opens many new horizons through the global profile of our new proudly South African owners.
The EOH philosophy involves sustaining successful acquisitions by building upon the inherent culture. The TCD Group will remain easily recognisable, building on our rich legacy, striving as always for continuous improvement.
Expansion of the TCD Group
The rapid evolution of the TCD Group expanded the original Triclinium into a full-service CRO (Contract Research Organisation), with a growing range of services and geographical footprint. Triclinium’s sister companies, within the TCD Group now consists of:
- TCD Outcomes Research: The TCD Group developed a Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) organisation, through an acquisition of HeXor (a late phase development and pharmacoeconomics company), combined with the Late Phase Clinical Development expertise of TCD.
- TCD e-Clinical Solutions: The TCD Group created an e-Clinical Solutions division which includes Software as a Service solution. TCD e-Clinical Solutions is focused around improving the outcome of clinical trials from a quality and efficiency perspective. Services include Electronic Data Capture (EDC), Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Electronic Patient Reported Outcomes (ePRO), Electronic Clinical Outcome Assessments (eCOA) and Mobile Health (mHealth), etc.
- TCD Global Data Services: The TCD Group established and consolidated its Data Management and Biostatistics division under the TCD GDS brand, which is spearheaded out of South Africa and Bangalore, India.
- TCD-MENA: The TCD Group established a full-service CRO based in Cairo, Egypt through a Joint Venture to focus on the Middle East and North Africa region.
- PharmaLTX: The TCD Group established a software development company which specialises in software solutions in the wider health care sector such as partnering with Ministries of Health, Regulatory agencies, Institutional Review Boards, Universities, Clinical Research Centres, etc.
New TCD Group Chairman
The mandate to meld the member companies into a synergistic group has been entrusted to Dr Tienie Stander, founder of HeXor Pty Ltd., current Managing Director of TCD Outcomes Research, and now also the inaugural Chairman of the TCD Group.
Change in Managing Director of Triclinium Clinical Development
To those who know the company well, the most visible change is that after 17 years at the helm, founder Victor Strugo will relinquish the position of Managing Director to Abraham van Wyk, effective 1st May, 2017. Abraham has been increasingly involved in TCD executive functions since 2014 and his promotion is fully endorsed by TCD’s Board of Directors.
Victor will nevertheless remain active and visible in the new role of TCD Group Strategic Adviser, facilitating a smooth management transition, supporting key projects and developing new horizons for the company that he created in February 2000.
Our electronic media will be updated accordingly over time. We look forward to maintaining and strengthening our association with your organisation through this transition and to offer an ever-improving and broadening range of services in the years ahead.
For queries or more information, contact us at email@example.com